Sunday, May 19, 2013

Venting and thoughts

I meant to post new pictures tonight of my 2nd inflation but all of a sudden I am not feeling well and I'm getting sharp pains and swelling on the left side.  I hope I am overreacting, but the last time my right side was swollen and in pain, I got an infection.  I have a headache and getting a few hot flashes, but my temperature is normal.  Also, my left side looks like it is bruised from an infection.  I ended up putting a bag of ice under my shirt at work today.  At first it was kinda funny, but then I became more self conscious and worried.  I have yet to call my Dr., hoping this will all subside in an hour or two. 

As far as my second inflation go, I noticed immediately that I was bigger and I filled out my zip up sports bra more; there wasn't any fabric bunching where a breast should be!!  I get very excited when Thursday rolls around as that is the day of my inflation appointments!  I am already looking forward to next week!

So the HUGE news of the week was Angelina Jolie publicized her PBM!  The Internet buzzed, blogs blew up, and that was all the chatter at the Drs. office.  Since I heard the news, I advised a few people of my surgery and it was so much easier to just say - you heard about Angelina?  That was the surgery I had, same scenario.  There are a lot of people that have been aware of this gene mutation for years and years, and I knew if I was positive for the mutation that I would have a PBM,, so this is nothing new for us.  However, there are so many people, even women, haven't' heard about this option for women.  I am looking forward for Angelina to come out with more information in addition to explaining to women that her surgery recovery time was the most ideal situation. I am counting on atleast 10 months total from mastectomy, physical therapy, inflations, implant surgery and healing.  It actually sounds like a lot when I type it all out! 

I am hoping that I can blog tomorrow with pictures of my lovely lady lumps.  I am so much more proud of them now than before.  They're certainly getting more attention than before!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment