Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Postponed again!!!

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while, I've been pretty frusterated the last few weeks.  My inflation appointments keep getting pushed back!  I should be 150cc's bigger and I haven't even had my first one.  As I am typing, I understand how trivial this sounds, compared to cancer or complications that others are facing.  It is just affecting me emotionally and I am starting to get self concious.  I feel that I have been upbeat but I have plateaued in my recovery.  Thursday is supposed to be the day of my first inflation (fingers crossed)! 

On a good note, I only have 3 more days with my picc lines and doing my infusions.  On a negative note, my picc line is clogged or something is going on with it so my hour and a half infusion takes about 4 hours now.  My IV drip is so slow and then it just stops.  I have two lines coming out of the picc so one is better than the other.  I am supposed to alternate lines, morning and night, so I try to do the AM line first but it ends up just stopping.  So I switch to the other line and it drips but slooooww. o_O . I ended up going to the Dr. yesterday and the flush to 'fix' this problem is on back order!  I was so frusterated when I heard that!  Supplies being on back order is causing all of this delay, inflations and picc line!  The Dr. didn't want to take my picc out and didn't want to replace it since I only have a few days left, so I have to just sit and deal with it.. and that is what I am doing.

On a better note, Saturday was the 5K Susan Komen Race for the Cure.  It was my first race and I was lucky enough to have my husband with me and I joined a friends team.  Of coarse we walked; I can't run or jog, yet.  It was very inspiring and I had just a glimpse of how many people are affected by breast cancer.  There were 12,000 people that signed up for the race, I don't think there were that many there but there were thousands of supporters and survivors there, it was a big event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment