Saturday, May 11, 2013

My First Inflation!!! (Pictures)

 
This has been an eventful week!  I need to get better about posting again.  With kids, school, family, and starting work, I get busy!  Monday started off rough since my inflation was cancelled for the THIRD time!  Ok, I'm thinking, don't let this get me down!  So I started my IV but my picc line was clogged, I don't know what was up with it, but it was going slow!  Throughout the weekend I spend hours doing it just one time.  By Monday morning, I start my first antibiotic and it took 2 hours to get 1/3 done, so I stopped and called the Dr.  Long story short, went in, I was told to just suck it up and do what you can.  Tuesday came and my IV was not dripping AT ALL!  So no infusion on Tues and had an appointment for Wed.  The nurse Wednesday removed my extenders from my picc line.  (I needed them so I could reach the ends with both hands to hook up the meds.)  One those were removed my IV dripped good, a bit slow, but not bad at all.   Then the good news - I got my picc line out!!!!!!  It didn't hurt to be removed at all and I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling!  No more weird cuff on my arm to hide the tubes, no more tubes, and no more wasted hours being pumped full of meds!  My skin can finally grow back now that I don't have adhesive on it constantly! 
 
So here comes Thursday morning!  I was late waking up and for my first inflation appointment!  I was freaking out especially since I have been waiting so long for this.  I arrived 20 minutes late but they were cool about it and I was seen pretty quick.  I was SO excited!  I will have to take a picture of the syringes next time cause they are big and cool looking! lol  Basically, the Dr. found the spot to insert the needle into the expander and pumped 50 cc's of saline into each side.  Here are the results:
 
 
 ^^ Right side.  This angle is hard to take by yourself! 
 
 
Left side
 

Up close and personal.  You can see a tinge of purple, that is just the marker from the Drs. so she knew where to put the needle.  I would say I went from a training bra to an A cup! lol The right side looks distorted from the picture angle.  The one below is better.
 
 
Here you can really tell where my bra goes!  Just a regular ol' sports bra, the ones that I used to wear.  I have zip up bras but they are kinda weird right now since I don't have anything to fill them out with. 
 
There you have it!  I will have another appointment this week that I am as equally excited for!
 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first fill!!!
    Was it painful?? My first fill was so painful (too tight) that I had to call in sick that day. my second was just tight and I managed it well.

    I think I have 2 or 3 more to go. I'm so happy for you that things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, no but days after yes. I called into work today because of the pain and it was 4 days ago. I think the fill plus the physical therapy has my muscles sceaming! How much saline are you getting at a time? Only 5 fills? My Dr. said I would be doing it for about 10 weeks; 50 cc's each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 weeks!!! wow that sounds like alot! My breats were small to begin with so they can get much bigger LOL I'm getting 50cc each time, too. I kind of want to try 75cc tomorrow just so that I can finish it quicker. If I do this 10 times, I think my boobs will burst...literally... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about asking for 75 cc's, but after the first one, I think I need to keep it at 50, at least for the time being. I feel like mine are going to burst too and I've only had one inflation! That might be because I'm doing physical therapy too. My body can stand a little bigger, so we'll see when I want to stop lol I can always take away one I get that far. We'll see after this week, I want to finish quite too!

    ReplyDelete