Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good news/Bad news

I had my appointment with my infectious disease Dr. today.  When I first go into the office I check in and get a copy of my blood results.  My results were wonderful and I was so happy and excited to know that this portion of my recovery is coming to a close.  Once the Dr. came into my room to review everything, he agreed that my blood results looked great.  Then I felt like he kicked my feet right from under me.  He said that I have to monitor myself and come in if there is anything wrong since I have a 55% chance of getting the infection back within 3 months-6 months.  :(  Those aren't good odds and I do not have good luck to beat those odds.  Needless to say, I was really upset.  I feel better now that I had some retail therapy and my little guy was being so good while I was taking my time scanning the racks.

I need to take the best care of myself.  We've been enjoying one of the farmers markets here so we already have fresh fruit. :)  Exercise will be hard, especially upper body, but I will do what I can.  Now that the initial shock of the high reoccurance rate of an infection, I am in high spirits.  I just want to make sure that I do everything that I can to get this infection out of my body! 

No comments:

Post a Comment